Monday 1 February 2010

January Review

Hey all! Not posted for some time now, my last post highlighted how my exams had finished and how I was planning to get some volume in for January. Unfortunately life went even more mental after exams with me having a lot on my plate with househunting and a flooded room. On Friday the room was finally sorted which made me pretty happy because I now have a desk/bed/carpet etc. And we signed for a contract for our new house on Friday also. That meant I could grind on Saturday and Sunday for a big push to get some volume in for January.

Saturday started off really poorly, I think I made a couple of poor decisions initially and this could be down to the break from the game. I got a $200ish cash towards the end of the night to make it only a £40 loss. Sunday also got off to a bad start, and I found myself one-tabling sooner than I would have liked. Fortunately I was nicely placed in the €22 deepstack and I managed to convert it into a 2nd place and €810.

Still though, I was annoyed. If you don't like reading bad beat stuff then you can just stop the next bit..

----

I came 2nd once again after a brutal bit of run bad! I now have sooo many final table finishes and not one 1st. I havent won a heads up battle for so long and maybe this will explain it..

Heads up:
Hero (BB) - 450,000
Villain - 600,000

Villain raises. Hero 3bets AQs. Villain Shoves. Hero Calls.

Villain shows AJ. Board Jxxxx. GG.

Also earlier on, with 6 left, I raise AA, get shoved over, I call, he shows 66, board = xxxx6. Fun times. Luckily the structure was good so I could get back in it by winning loads without showdown.

It is really pissing me off that I can't actually win a tournament. If I converted just a couple of my 4ths/3rds/2nds into 1sts then I would be £1000s richer. fml.

---------

Anyway, January was a terrible month for volume but not a bad month for results:

Tournaments Played - 23
Profit - £504.24

Total Results:
Total Profit - £1803.73
ROI - 40.44%

I won't be seeing that profit for now as me and Ben have decided to merge January and February together as a 'single month' as January had such little volume.

I am hoping to put a fair bit of volume in for February so wish me luck!

Congrats to Breesy who got his biggest ever cash last night for about £1100. He is crushing atm and he fully deserves it. I reckon you should check out his blog which you can find on the right -->

Bye all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep plugging away and that elusive win will come. I went about 100 games before I got my first win, quite a few 2nd-9th but when that win came I almost shot my muck in excitement!

Jessica said...

My name is Jessica and I am looking for advertising opportunities on a qualitative blogs like yours. Please write me back to jessy.maxwell@googlemail.com if you are interested and I’ll give you the details. Please state the name of your blog.

Thanks, Jess