Thursday 15 April 2010

Volume Volume Volume

So I have been going a bit mad with poker atm. I am playing a load like I said I would as I really want to make the most of the time available. Unfortunately, the results continue to be negative ones. I have had a couple of scores around the $300-$400 mark but the volume I am putting in means this is not enough to result in profit.

Every day I watch training videos and go through my hand histories. I really want to improve and I feel that I am. But the results never seem to reflect my effort levels.

Being quite a mathematical person, I enjoy statistics and I understand probabilities and variance quite well. I am fully aware of the fact that you need a large sample size before you get your true ROI%, and even then it still wont be 100% accurate. I am also aware of all the downswings that occur for all the top grinders. Unfortunately this doesn't quite make things feel better for me at the moment.

Tonight I hit the final table of the €27.50 and came in 8/10. I won a bunch without showdown and got to 5/7, but then I got QQ in against A9s and the A binked the flop. €175.

I hope situations like this turn around, and I expect them to this Easter. I still have a lot of volume planned and I know there are more final tables to come. I will continue to work on my game (got a bunch of hand histories to look over tomorrow), and you should expect a happy winning post from me soon :)

Bye all!

1 comment:

Ant040689 said...

Head up lad, things will turn for you. As soon as you start hitting the top three of tournies instead of the top ten you will be laughing. Only a matter of time.