Saturday 20 March 2010

Another 2nd?!

Hey all! Put in two sessions and a home game since the last update. The home games I am playing are starting to get a bit better in quality now and they are making for really good games and a lot of good banter, unfortunately though I couldn't make it three wins in a row this week :(

I played a session last night that resulted in a £15 win, woo. I final table bubbled the €10r for about €90 as well as some other smaller cashes. It really sucked to final table bubble in 11th though, as with 15 left I was the big chip leader. I have never had a meltdown as big as that before, but apart from one missed bet, I don't think I played it too badly.

Tonight I put in a smaller session but it still came out to be profitable. I entered the $22 double deep on bwin but it only got 61 runners which surprised me. That meant for a smaller prizepool than I hoped, offering only $450 for first. I ran pretty hot in it, and went into heads up with a 2-1 chip lead. I was really hoping I could break my run of coming 2nd everytime I got heads up, but unfortunately I flopped top pair with KQ on a QhJc5h board and ended up getting it all in vs my aggro opponent, who had 55, meh. Another 2nd for me, making it 0/6 in my heads up confrontations. This is highly frustrating and I really hope to turn it around soon.

I also got one other smaller cash on the night meaning overall I won £160. This means a £175 win for the two days of grinding, which is quite nice, but I felt it could have been a lot more. Tomorrow is Sunday, but I won't be playing as I have a lot of coursework to get done. However, on Monday I will be going to grind at Bens flat which should be both enjoyable and helpful, oh, and profitable ;)

Goodnight!

No comments: