Sunday 7 March 2010

Weekend Review

Hey guys, I thought It would be better to wrap up the weekends poker in one blog post rather than update every evening, so here we go!

Friday -

On Friday I headed down to DTD for the first time in a while and entered the £25 freezeout. I am pretty sure they have reduced the starting stack from 4k to 3k which is a bit annoying, but I could be wrong. Anyway I folded for about an hour then reshoved KJ into K9 and a 9 flopped. GG. I then late registered for the £10 rebuy into the following days £300 thinking this might be a cheaper, more fun thing to do than play a cash game. I was wrong. I lost all my all ins before the break which meant I became one of those douches shouting for chips every 5 minutes. Anyway after the break I had a good run, tripling with AA vs JJ and TT and then winning a few smaller pots. Unfortunately though, I lost the big flip with AQ vs 99 to seal the deal in 19th. Goodnight.

Saturday -

Booted up a session at around 7.30 on Saturday evening which started with the iCOP6 which was a €22 heads up. I won my first round in a pretty long match, but lost in the second round in a hand I can't actually remember. I got a min cash in a €11 freezeout but the big score came in a $11f on bwin for $812. Unfortunately this was yet another 2nd place finish, so my run of not actually shipping a tournament continues. But still, it was a nice score which I am happy with. (I ran like god from 18 onwards)

Sunday -

Same start as Saturday but this time with iCOP 7 - THE MAIN EVENT. This was the worst tournament I have ever played as the software clearly couldn't cope. I also lost 175 big blinds on the first hand with QQ vs 22 when a 2 flopped. Fortunately I doubled and got back in it, but 88 vs Q8 aipf busted me when a Q flopped. No other tournaments went well either, and I suffered a pretty big loss for the evening. I am hoping to get a refund on bwin though as I was unable to add-on in the $11r due to technical reasons. This left me with 10bb after the break which is below where I would like to be in that tournament. I sent them a snotty email basically saying I play a certain way because of the guarantee of an add-on etc. Hopefully they buy in to it and I get some $ back.

Review -

Fun weekend with three nights of poker. In the end it was about £250 profit online, and -£100 loss live. As I take half of what I win online, then it looks like I just squeezed out a £25 profit! Good times.

No comments: