Thursday 5 November 2009

Up and down night!

The other night I played a big session and failed to cash in any tournaments, putting me 0/11 in November. Tonight I booted up two tournaments as I finished my coursework late, but just two tabling seemed to work out. I ran well, and managed to find myself in the money in both of them. The tournaments were the $22 6max on bwin and the €27.50 on DTD.

Just when I was thinking it was possible I could final table 2 out of 2 tournaments on the same night, disaster struck. With 11 left, the final table bubble on DTD, I shoved AKss into 99 and missed to bust. Then with the tournament chip lead with 22 left in the $22 on bwin, I found myself all in with KK against AA preflop, missed, then bust the next hand with KQss on a J53sss flop when the Jc fell on the river to give the villain a boat with his 55. Oops. That all happened within 2 minutes of each other! (I hope this doesnt come across bad beaty, I just thought it was pretty interesting how quickly things can change/end!)

One thing the past few months have taught me is not to tilt. I have played without tilt on all occasions and this can only benefit my play. I played really well tonight, and ran well also, a pretty good combination! If that continues for the rest of November, I can expect big wins!

Hoping Akenhead or Ivey win the FT this weekend! Can't wait to watch the action on pokertube on Wednesday!

Bye all!

No comments: