Monday 30 November 2009

End of November - Summary

So November has come to a close for me as I won't be playing this evening due to coursework commitments. Lets wrap it up!

DTD - My aim at the start of the month was to completely avoid DTD as I seem to burn money there and it doesnt seem like a sensible idea for me to go there when I could be putting in a good amount of hours online. When I start to get more free time and have a bit more £ then I will start going there again. But for November I planned not to, and I stuck to this target and passed it. Sweet.

Volume - I wanted to put in the same amount of volume in November as I did in October. Unfortunately I had twice as much coursework and other things on my mind which meant the volume dropped in the middle of the month but I did pick it up in the last week to come close enough to passing this target.

Results - A pretty poor month results wise. I came 7th-20th in all my deep runs meaning that I ended up losing pretty heavily. We all know the money is in the top few spots so it sucks not hitting these once this month, but I can't complain after my last two months of profit :). Here is the breakdown:

Tournaments Played (November) = 63
Profit (November) = -£479.44

Profit (Overall) = £735.05
ROI (Overall) = 22.25%

Breesy - Finally got him back in the game this month. Good thing I did! He deposited £300 and on his first night of getting back into it, he took down a $5 mtt for $1525. Deserved it after his many final table bubbles in these big fields. On the plus side for me, I seem to view him as a some competition as he plays similar stakes to me. The competition is healthy and can only benefit my game as I look to push on.

Hand Histories - This month I have been consistently going over hands after sessions and posting on 2p2 etc. Its a great way to improve your game and I advise it to all. Check out the 'Smokin Hot Girls' thread in Student Life for a break as well ;)

Other Stuff - Think I am through the worst of it when it comes to coursework now (for this term anyway), so that means I can start enjoying myself a bit more. I have my final appointment (I hope) with the hospital tomorrow about my knee, I really hope I don't have to have surgery. Funnily enough I was actually wincing in pain on Friday night on the Ocean dancefloor because it was starting to play up, I truly felt like an old man right then! Oh and I have developed a passion for everything on the National Lottery website today as I got a £20 bonus. Pretty crazy how bad I run on 'Plucking Ducks' :P

December Targets - I really want to put in my highest ever month volume wise next month and I think it is achievable once I get back to Newport. Being in make up isn't the best way to start a month but hopefully that changes sharpish. I have really developed my attitude for the game and I have completely eliminated tilt and anger from my play. This is a massive positive as it means I am going into December with a clear head, ready to play the best poker I can and make the right decisions.

Wish me luck, peace.

2 comments:

Incognito/Breesy1 said...

Sweet post. Results will definitely pick up, I'm sure..

Peace :S

woodie said...

Hope you have a good run upto xmas mate.
have just updating my blog again can you add my link to your list have added yours. also feel free to add me to msn jonwoodward@gmail.com always looking to talk to new poker buddies especially as you see like a cool guy and around same age.