Sunday 20 December 2009

Breaking Even..

Hey all! Didn't grind on Friday night as I was out with my friends Sam and Phil. The drinking games are getting pretty intense now and it ended up in me and Sam getting pretty battered. Was a fun night though! My brother came home yesterday, so the day was spent chilling with him, playing Modern Warfare 2, and watching a film.

Anyway today was back to the grind! I ran pretty hot in all fairness, winning one hell of a lot of flips and coming from behind frequently. Unfortunately, unless these things happen on the final two tables, you still won't win much. Its funny really, I came 14th and 21st on DTD tonight and 37th in the huge $11r on Bwin, after running very hot, but only broke even for the night. However on other nights when I would assume I was running bad, I may win a few flips late on and get a $500+ cash and end up having a profitable night. I suppose they are the nights you are running nicely, even if they dont appear to be?!

Anyway enough of that rant which probably doesn't make sense and isn't at all interesting! The biggest score tonight was $129.60 in the $11rebuy, and I just love rebuys lately. Its incredible how many people play with just one bullet and the field always loses about 1/5th before the rebuy period ends. Thats so much dead money! They also have pretty deep structures which is always a positive. In the DTD rebuy my ROI is 116% while in the Bwin rebuy my ROI is 81%.

Anyway tonight I won £5, thats less than 1/3rd of an average buyin, so I can safely call tonight my first ever break-even session! Nothing to brag about though I guess, although they are more fun than losing sessions most definately!

Don't know whether I will put in volume tomorrow, I am going christmas shopping in the afternoon so it depends how I feel in the evening.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Fenix35 said...

Still not bad mate. I get that too. Sometimes I swear I run like god then don't cash in anything. Like at the start, I'll have doubled up in most of my big buy-in tournaments and think, "this is going to be a sweet session" then nothing materialises.

In fact my biggest cash the $75 on full tilt I chopped for $12k. I remember thinking this was one of the worst sessions I had ever played literally busting out of everything, then I had my biggest cash to date. Weird huh!