Friday 18 December 2009

Three tournaments. Two final tables!

Last night before bed I read a post by bond18 about how you should always play a tournament if you can, as long as it doesn't affect your EV in other tournaments. Its pretty obvious isn't it, just 'play when you can', but I rarely take the opportunity to fill all my free time with poker. So last night I checked what tournaments run from 10am-Midday and set my alarm to wake up accordingly. When I woke up I had to do a few things but managed to play three tournaments. I ran pretty well in general and managed to final table two of them. Unfortunately they were very small fields so when I came 10th in one it wasn't a huge score ($140). Luckily, I won a couple of races on the other final table and found myself pretty even stacked going into heads up.

All I could think about was how I am yet to win a tournament and how coming first would clear me out of make-up. Unfortunately, in a pot for 90% of chips in play, my A6 couldn't hold vs KQs and I came second for $550.

Still, this was a pleasing result and it shows that putting in the volume does really pay off. I am still in make-up of about £80 but this can be turned around pretty easily (I hope).

I am heading into town tonight for a few drinks with my friends, while my brother comes back tomorrow so I may end up not playing until Sunday, which is a definate grinding day.

Ben (f3nix35) is currently playing the Monte Carlo event at DTD so good luck to him, it would be sweet to see him ship the £93000 first prize.

Off to eat now. Bye!

2 comments:

Incognito/Breesy1 said...

All I could think about was how I am yet to win a tournament and how coming first would clear me out of make-up


And here we see a leak?
WP, positivity = volume, volume = profit

Jon Elliott said...

Lol, that wasn't all I could think about.. I was also thinking about how to play every hand perfectly and how to win the most $$$, of course.