Wednesday 30 September 2009

September - Results!

Last session of September tonight and after busting two tournaments pretty quickly, and scraping a min cash in the €10 freezeout, I soon found myself on the final table of the €25. Was short stacked for a long way, but after KK vs QQ vs JJ, where my kings held, I was chip leader with 3 left. It did enter my mind that I havent won a tournament for about 18 months now, always finding myself coming 3rd-6th, but I genuinely thought I had the better of my opponents and the €1000 first prize was coming my way. Unfortunately that wasnt the case, I was getting bullied on all my button raises and having to fold frequently. Soon I looked down at KTs and made the same button raise, only to get re-raised by the active BB for a small amount. I smooth called (mistake?). Flop came down an exciting 3QJ rainbow and after he mashed the half pot button, I decided to shove and put the pressure back on him (mistake again?). Unfortunately he snapped with KQ and after missing the A and 9, I stared long at hard at another 1st place gone missing.

Still, a 3rd place for €500+ isnt too shabby, and it means I end September nicely in profit. Here are the numbers:

Tournaments Played : 51
ROI : 43.86%
Profit : £498.72

Sweet comeback at the end of the month imo!

Next month I think I will be adding a few Ongame tournaments onto the schedule, which hopefully means more profit :)

Goodnight all!

No comments: